Is there a lawsuit hiding in your employee handbook? Does your handbook actually say too much? Every day, organizations find themselves in court because of poorly written handbooks or for not having one at all.
Airtight employee handbooks – help you manage expectations, clear confusion and provide a solid defense against frivolous lawsuits. How can you ensure your employee handbook doesn't land you in court?
- In or out? Topics & language to include and exclude from your handbook
- 3 disclaimers that can prevent lawsuits from going to trial
- Statements that shouldn't be anywhere in your employee handbook
- 4 keys to crafting an NLRB compliant social media policy
- Making changes: Avoiding pitfalls that land you in court
- INCLUDED: Sample policies in 5 critical areas
- At-will status: Do employees think your handbook is a contract?
- Termination: Ensure fired employees don't come back to bite you
- Hiring: Are reasonable accommodations clearly explained?
- Attendance & Dress Code
- Employee Privacy
- Performance Appraisal
- Equal Pay
- Leaves of Absence
- Employee Complaint Procedures & Resolution
- Safety & Health
- What the courts have said when examining employee handbooks
- Practical ways to manage employee expectations and reduce liability
- Common mistakes organizations make and how to avoid them
- HR Audit every employee handbook should go through
- Keys to eliminating language that can be used against you in court
- Accounting for modern technology: How your policies should change
- Non-compete clause missteps attorneys look for
- Rogue, unenforceable policies to watch out for
- Sexual harassment policies: Common pitfalls that land you in court
this bonus report at no additional charge
|Delivery:||Immediate electronic download (in PDF format)|