New FERPA regulations are in effect now and present the most significant changes since 2000. Educators are often confused and flustered trying to understand and balance the rights of students, demands of parents and the need for school safety under FERPA. A thorough understanding of FERPA changes, key definitions, exceptions and the interplay between other regulations is crucial to handling those situations appropriately. How do you effectively protect student records while ensuring FERPA compliance and keeping your school safe?
|The Solution:||"FERPA's New Rules: What You Need to Know Now"|
New FERPA Rules and Guidelines in 30 minutes:
- 11 practical tips for complying with new FERPA regulations
- Personally identifiable information and the new indirect identifiers under FERPA
- Keys to handling targeted requests for information
- 4 major clarifications to FERPA concerning student directories
- U.S. Supreme Court case clears up confusion over peer-graded assignments
- What alumni records are covered by FERPA?
Jammed with up-to-date requirements, guidelines, and examples, this fast-read report gives you thoroughly researched information you can use today to comply with new FERPA regulations and ensure student privacy.
7 Critical Areas of FERPA Compliance Covered:
- 4 exceptions when other issues trump privacy
- Authorized disclosure: Who can access records and under what conditions
- Exclusions: Information that's not "private"
- 2 critical changes that help verify student records to prevent fraud
- FERPA complaint investigations and enforcement
- New challenges in safeguarding information - and DOE recommendations
- 12 key original and amended definitions
"FERPA's New Rules: What You Need to Know Now" is a clear and complete guide that helps educators respond to information requests, secure student privacy, and comply with new FERPA regulations.
Key FERPA Considerations, Best Practices and Questions Answered:
- What are the policies and key requirements of FERPA?
- Is consent always required for the release of student records?
- What other regulations impact the privacy of education records?
- Sharing education records: What you can and can't do
- Disclosure to students, parents and for emergencies
- Additional reading and resources
Read This Exclusive Executive Report Today
|Delivery:||Immediate electronic download (in PDF format)|